Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Craig "Skibs" Barker

I went to our friend Craig’s art opening ( I love his work) and thought I would share it with you.

There is something raw and edgy about Craig “Skibs” Barker’s work. His use of color, his use of words, and how he chooses to use the female figure (who happens to be his wife and my dear friend) creates this tension. Creating this soft, sexy subdued lightness while moving me through a darker, deeper realm of his world, a layering of life. A characteristic of his work and mine that I find so lovely.

Here are two of my favorite pieces.

"Laugh And Dream" 48 x 48 "There Is Bluebird In My Heart That Wants To Get Out" 24 x 18

To view more of Craig’s works and find out more about the artist go to http://www.skibsart.com

His work is on view now until September 15, 2009 at Neue Transit Studio (Santiago Street Lofts) 657 Poinsetta Street, Santa Ana, CA.



No comments:

Post a Comment