Monday, January 11, 2010

The Book of Me



I’ve been struggling with how to manage and operate my blog. I started it because of a curiosity about blogging. It morphed into being an outlet to introduce my art, my ideas, my thoughts, which encompasses so many elements from design, art and religion to my family. Basically, probably, what the whole concept of blogging was suppose/does contain. But, majority of the time I feel like nobody’s here but me. Maybe that isn’t so bad.

So, today, with still no clear vision here is who has moved me and propelled me to continue to find the story within me. This is just a rough sampling and in no particular order.







Joseph Cornell (December 24, 1903 – December 29, 1972) was an American artist and sculptor, one of the pioneers and most celebrated exponents of assemblage.
http://www.josephcornellbox.com/









Diane Arbus (March 14, 1923 – July 26, 1971) was one of the most original and influential American photographers of the 20th century.
http://diane-arbus-photography.com/



Frida Kahlo ( July 6, 1907 – July 13 1954) was a Mexican painter. Many of her works are self-portraits that symbolically articulate her own pain.



Cindy Sherman (born January 19 1954) is an American photographer and film director of Office Killer, best known for her conceptual portraits. She currently lives and works in New York.





Mid Century Modern is an architectural, interior and product design form that generally describes mid-century developments in modern design, architecture, and urban development from roughly 1933 to 1965.






The movies Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and The Sound of Music.




Edith Minturn “Edie” Sedgwick (April 20 1943 – November 16, 1971) was an American actress socialite, model and heiress. She is best known for being one of Andy Warhol’s Muses.
http://www.warholstars.org/stars/edie.html

Stay tuned this week to see who or what else plays a role in my creative process.












No comments:

Post a Comment