Saturday, October 17, 2009

Coastal Living Magazine (October 2009)

I LOVE opening up my mailbox and finding what new magazines have arrived and await me. Today I received the latest issue of COASTAL LIVING Magazine (Thank you Miranda). I previous blogged about a story from this issue called “Spirited Beach Bash” which you can read about here.


I was thrilled to find so many things inside this issue that caught my eye (let us show you the ropes pg 32), I am not really a “nautical” type gal but I love objects made from natural materials. I loved the woven decorative lights by Pottery Barn and the Oyster stick Chandelier by BoBo Intriguing Objects.



My favorite story is the Havens Idea Cottage (12 rooms, hundreds of ideas pg 35 -48) I could see my family living in this house! The mixing of modern pieces thrilled me-it was not what I expected and you got to love that! It is an eco-friendly community of 13 houses being built in I’ On, South Carolina. I want to move there now! I loved the tile (Nottingham Honeycomb ceramic tile by Ann Sacks) used in the kitchen, they ran it up the entire wall, talk about impact!



I also fell in love with the courtyard; can’t you see yourself lounging out there all day and night? I love outdoor décor-us southern Californians are lucky to be able to extend our living space to our back yards. This photo is a great inspiration. I may change the table’s chairs to Eames chairs but other than that I am sold on this!


So what are you waiting for run on down to your nearest mag stand and snatch up a copy of Coastal Living! You are going to find so much inspiration from décor inspiration to your next vacation! (check out the story on His and Her Belize)

No comments:

Post a Comment